The magnificent magic of chocolate cake layers with cherries and whipped cream frosting. A wonderful and delicious cake is derived from German cuisine.
Cherries In Syrup
Cherries dipped in syrup is a real treat to enjoy in this cake. Cherries are itself irresistible especially when thy are fresh but keeping them for long need a different treatment.
The idea to make this cake came up when I had a load of cherries and preserved them in syrup, my motive that time was to make a cherry cheesecake but then I thought why don’t give a try to both of them.
Chocolate Cake Layers
Chocolate cake is loved in and has variants in every cuisine. Either you are going for Turkish style Wet Cake (aka Turkish Moist cake) or the simple chocolate cake to go with simple frosting, the sponge always has a different kind of treatment.
The sponge in Black forest cake does not have baking powder and the process of adding egg is also different than rest of chocolate cakes. Egg whites have to treated separately and added into the batter after it gains stiff peaks.
Usually, the sponge cakes made for extra treatment are dry but I have used oil and milk that makes the cake sponge moist and extra cocoa powder make it extra flavorful to give you chocolate taste depth.
Black Forest Cake
For the Cake
- 3 Big Egg
- 90 g Sugar
- 70 g All-Purpose Flour
- 20 g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 30 ml Milk
- 30 ml Oil
- 500 Ml Heavy Cream
- 80 g Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Galatin
- 2 tbsp water
- 200 g Cherries
- 1 cup Cherrie Syrup
FOR CHOLATE SYRUP
- 2/3 cup Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp milk
For The Cake
- In two bowls, separate egg whites and egg yolks & set aside.
- In mixing machine, add egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- During mixing gradually add egg yolks.Shift flour and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and gently fold with the help of a spatula until well combined.
- Mix oil, milk, and vanila in a bowl, mix some better in the oil mix then mix in the batter carefully.
- Grease a 6 inch baking pan with butter and place butter paper.
- Now pour the batter into a prepared baking pan, run a wooden stick clockwise in the pan tape 2 to 3 times on the surface, bake preheated at 200 C for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, Transfer the cake to the wire rack and let it cool.
- Mix Galatine in water and microwave for 20 scond or until desolve completely.
- Whip the cream add sugar gradually until fluffy mix the dissolved galatine & set aside.
FOR CHOLATE SYRUP
- In a double boiler add cream and heat it.
- Now add chocolate mix well and let it melt.
- Add cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add milk and mix well.Cook for more than 2 minutes, mix well until smooth.
- In a spring foam pan place the cake moist with cherry syrup cover with cream and place some cherries on top.
- On the second cake layer moist and epeat the same.
- On top cake layer moist with syrup and place it over the cake.
- Let it rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Cover the sides of the cake with whipping cream.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate syrup, chocolate, piping whipping cream & cherries.
In two bowls, separate egg whites and egg yolks & set aside.
In mixing machine, add egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
During mixing gradually add egg yolks then add vanilla essence, oil, and beating well after each addition.
Gradually add dry ingredients and gently fold with the help of a spatula until well combined.
Grease 9” inch baking pan with butter and place butter paper.
Now pour the batter into a prepared baking pan and bake preheated at 220 C for 30 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven.
Transfer the cake to the wire rack and let it cool.
Start layering with sponge cake, moist with cherry syrup and add whipped cream and cherries
assemble layers and cover with cream
Garnish with grated chocolate and chocolate syrup