Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake
Try the delicious Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake recipe to bring back your childhood memories of tasty strawberry shortcake bars filled with creamy and full of strawberry flavour.
This marvellous and magnificent beauty has a crust foundation of vanilla cookies and is topped with a delicious strawberry crunch and homemade strawberry glaze topping.
This cheesecake will take you on a tour of your favourite childhood ice cream bar.
You can use a variety of cookies to form the crust base but vanilla cookies make the crust more delicious and are one of my favourites to go for. You can bake the crust for 10 minutes to make it crunchy (120-degree Celsius) but here we have only chilled the crust in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Experience the mix of 3 mouth-watering creams that makes the taste more unforgettable. The creams used are Creamcheese, Sourcream and heavy cream and gives you a resemblance to American cheese the moment it starts melting in your mouth.
To make the shining topping, explore the wonders of Strawberry glaze (though the process of strawberry glaze is similar to the strawberry sauce but adding cornflour in the process makes the glaze more consistent and shiny)
Again you can use any cookies to make the crunch of your choice but Strawberry cream cookies make it wonderful. To make the flavour more strong we have used strawberry jello that results in an extra rich strawberry taste. To make it even crunchier butter is used and baked for 5 minutes. Baking also helps in extra shelf life to store it for a longer time.
Can we make a similar cheesecake in no-bake?
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake
For The crust
- 130 g Biscuits
- 60 g Melted Butter
- 400 g Cream Cheese Full fat
- 200 g Sour Cream
- 120 g Sugar
- 150 ml Heavy Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Lemom Juice
For Strawberry Crunch
- 12 Strawberry cream cookies
- 1/2 pack Strawberry jello 40g
- 10 g Butter Softened
- 200 g Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
For The Crust
- Prepare 8” springform pan. Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine crumb.
- Add melted butter pour the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and use a flat cup or glass to press into the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the cream cheese and sugar for 3-4 minutes until there are no lumps and it is completely smooth. Be sure to scrape the bowl at least 2 times during this time.
- Add in the sour cream and mix until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add heavy cream and mix until just combine.
- Add the eggs, be carefull donot over mix, then add cornstarch, lemon juice,and vanilla .
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add the cheesecake batter into the pan. Tap the pan on the counter a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
- Cover the spring form pan completely with aluminum foil making sure to seal well around the top.
- Bake for first 30 minutes on 180 C then bake on 150 C for more 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the warer bath for 30 minutes.
- Let it rest in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours.
For Strawberry Glaze
- Combine the water, strawberries, in a saucepan. Stir thoroughly while bringing it up to a boil.
- Cook on low heat, and allow to cook for up to ten minutes, occasionally stirring throughout.
- As the strawberries soften, use a potato masher to break them into pieces to release the flavors from the strawberries.
- Remove from heat. Using a strainer, pour liquid into a bowl ensuring to press as much juices through strainer.
- whisk the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water. Then, pour into the pan of strawberry juice.Add sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes, whisk the mixture until it thickens into a glaze
- Remove glaze from heat, Once the glaze has reached room temperature, place in refrigerator.
For Strawberry Crunch
- Prepare the topping by adding the strawberry cream cookies into a food processor and pulse until you get small crumbs.
- Place the cookies on a plate, add jello and butter, mix with help of hands.
- Pour the crumbs on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes on 120 C.
- Once the cake is cool down completely then top with strawberry glaze and strawberry crunch.
Prepare an 8” springform pan. Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine crumb.
Add melted butter pour the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and use a flat cup or glass to press into the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer
In a large mixing bowl whisk the cream cheese and sugar for 3-4 minutes until there are no lumps and it is completely smooth. Be sure to scrape the bowl at least 2 times during this time.
Add in the sour cream and mix until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
Place the cookies on a plate, add jello and butter, mix with help of hands. Pour the crumbs on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes on 120 C.
Once the cake is cool down completely then top with strawberry glaze and strawberry crunch.
Thank you :) Sharing is caring!