Chocolate Cake is a delicious staple and essential bakery item since the 17th century. This easy recipe is soft and super moist and with the simple addition of mild coffee enhances the taste to the next level.
Easy & Simple
Enjoy this easy to make chocolate cake anytime without the need of electrical beater and simple ingredients. In fact, a super-soft, foolproof recipe to make with few ingredients
How to Make a Simple Chocolate Cake
Making this easy chocolate cake takes just a few simple and easy steps!
- Choose your right pan: We have used a square pan but you can make it in a round pan or small loaf pan.
- Preheat: Preheat the oven and prep your cake pans.
- Dry ingredients: Whisk the mixture to incorporate all of the ingredients without sifting.
- Wet ingredients: Whisk the wet ingredients simply even without hand mixer and please do not overmix it.
Serve with Confidence
Top it with smooth and silky Buttercream Frosting, or simply whipped cream and chocolate curls for a super yummy dessert.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Milk
- 6 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Coffee
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Grease cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Add the coffee powder to the water and give it a stir. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, buttermilk, oil, espresso water, vanilla extract, and egg. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix together just to combine but not over mixing.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake pan. Bake in your preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.