Chicken Oatmeal Soup is a healthy and energizing meal for iftar or dinner. Make it in chicken, mutton or desi Murg (country chicken) with oats tossed in butter; indeed it’s an oatmeal powerpack & satisfying combo of taste and energy.
FOR TOMATO PASTE
- 1 big Green Chillies (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Mint Leaves
- 2 medium Tomato (Diced)
FOR THE SOUP
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 small Onion (Chopped)
- 300 g Chicken
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 6 Black Pepper
- 6 Clove (Laung)
- 2 Chicken Cube
- 1 & 1/2 liter Lukewarm Water
FOR THE OATS
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a blender add green chili, fresh mint leaves, and tomatoes, blend well and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom, pan add oil and onion cook until light brown.
- Then add chicken and whole spices cook on high flame until chicken changes its color.
- Now add tomato paste and chicken cube cook on high flame until tomato gets softens and oil separate from gravy.
- Now add water and cook on low flame until chicken gets tendered.
- Melt the butter in a pan add oats and cook for 2 minutes on very low flame.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and shred the chicken with the help of a fork.
- Now add shredded chicken and oats in the broth.
- Cover and cook on very low heat for about 15 minutes until oats and chicken mix in the soup well.
- Serve hot with brown onion.