Kabuli Chicken Pulao Recipe or Ruz Bukhari (Uzbek rice) are aromatic and fragrant rice loaded with special spices that make it delicious and super tasty. Serve with special tomato sauce, onions and lemon and dive into famous food across Saudi Arabia.
- 5 Green Cardamom
- 5 Black Cardamom
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 2 medium Onion
- 3 medium Carrots
- 1/2 cup Black Raisins
- 600 g Chicken
- 1&1/2 tbsp Salt
- 4 cups Very Warm Water
- 3 cups Rice
- Grind all dry spices and set aside and soak the rice for 4 hours.
- In a pot add oil and onion cook on medium flame until light brown.
- Now add chicken 1 tbsp ground spices, and salt, mix well and cook until chicken changes its color.
- Then add one cup of water and cook covered until chicken gets tender.
- Then add carrots and raisins and cook covered another 2 minutes.
- Now add soaked rice, remaining ground spices, and 3 cups of boiling water.
- Cook until the water remains in half, now cover the pan with foil paper, and cook on very low flame for about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.